Rules and Regulations
1. Eligibility- A complete and signed entry form must be received by 5:00 PM June 15, 2018. FINAL ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AT OSAKIS CITY ACCESS AT THE WEST SHELTER FROM 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. 5:00 PM is the final deadline. Entry fee is $325.00 per team, which includes entry to the large walleye contest. Field is limited to 100 teams on a first come, first served basis. To start the tournament, teams will leave single file in the order in which entries are received by the Osakis Lions Club. It takes about 5-7 minutes to get all the boats out. All boats must return by 3:00 PM.
2. Major Tournament Change - The Tournament will be a ONE DAY TOURNAMENT - Saturday, June 16, 2018. Fishing hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
3. Pre-Tournament Practice- Any time prior to registration closing on Friday, June 15, 2018.
4. Safety- All contestants and boats must observe U.S. Coast Guard regulations. Life jackets must be worn during departure and return.
5. Sportsmanship- Contestants will be expected to be courteous, safety conscious, and practice fundamental sporting principles. Any infractions will result in disqualification. Alcoholic beverages ARE NOT ALLOWED in boats during the contest hours.
6. Tackle and Equipment- Artificial and live bait may be used. Each contestant may fish with only one rod; however, you may carry spare rods in your boat.
7. Fishing Area- Lake Osakis
8. Headquarters- City dock, south side of Lake Osakis will serve as weigh in headquarters. All contestants will start and finish each day at this location. Boats are to check in prior to the tournament for inspection. Boats entering on the water, come to the west dock at the City Access for inspection. Boats coming by trailer, enter the west driveway of the access and proceed towards the lake for inspection. Inspection begins at 5:30 a.m. Saturday, June 16, 2018.
9. Late Penalty- Contestants who return later than prescribed time will not be allowed to weigh in fish. Every team must check in with the judges regardless if any fish were caught. NO EXCEPTIONS.
10. Scoring & Prizes- will be based on most weight (measured to nearest hundredth of a pound) during the contest. Each boat (team) will be permitted four (4) walleyes to be weighed. Walleyes will be permitted only if they measure at least 16 inches in length. Only one walleye can be over 20 inches. Largest walleye payout is based upon a pool of money contributed by each team, included with the entry fee. $25.00 of each entry will go towards the large walleye contest. There will be first and second place awards. Based upon 100 boats, 1st place is 4/5 of $2500, equaling $2000. 2nd place is 1/5 of $2500, equaling $500. A $100 cash prize will be awarded for the largest Northern Pike over 5 pounds. Any walleye mangled, mashed, mauled, altered or appearing to have been altered will not be included in the total weight.
12. Ties- All ties will be resolved by the tournament officials.
13. Contestants must enter as two-person teams. Prizes will be awarded on team basis, except for the largest fish prizes.
14. Inspection- Boats may be inspected before and during the contest.
15. Licenses- Minnesota fishing license is required. All state laws must be obeyed.
16. Rules Discussion/Question & Answer time - Time from 6:30-7:00 a.m. Saturday morning will be available near shore by the score board for any team wishing to ask questions or wanting further rules clarifications. Any questions will be answered then, before contest starts at 7:00 a.m. Each contestant is expected to know the rules.
17. Contest Notes- It shall be illegal for two contest boats to pull up to each other during tournament hours. It will also be illegal for any tournament boat to pull up to any non Lion boat.
18. Motor Trouble - Official tournament boats must be contacted for help or assistance.
Emergency phone: 320-491-2839 (Mike) or 320-808-7139 (Rick)
19. ALL RULINGS BY JUDGES WILL BE FINAL.
20. Tournament sponsors and officials will not be liable for any accidents, loss or damage of property, or personal injury in
conjunction with this tournament.
21. Mailing Address- Mail all entry forms, entry fees, and inquiries to:
Osakis Lions Club
P.O. Box 357
Osakis, MN 56360.
Phone: Mike 320-859-4781 John 320-859-4456
22. Cash Pay Off- Based on 100 teams, first place pays $8000. We will pay back ten (10) places. Payoff will decrease proportionally according to the number of entrants.
23.Tournament ID ribbons on boats must be visible at all times.
24. Osakis Lions Walleye Tournament Website: www.osakisminnesotalionswalleyetournament.com
Information and a printable registration form available at this website.
25. Penalty Clause - Teams bringing walleyes to weigh that are under 16 inches or over 20 inches, in violation of tournament rules will be penalized the weight of the largest walleye. The weight of the fish in question and the largest walleye in the bag will not count.